Where to get urgent healthcare if you live in Northumberland
Accident and Emergency departments in our area are already seeing large increases in the number of visitors as we head into winter. Unless the issue is potentially life-threatening, consider using one of the Urgent Care Centres or Minor Injuries Units in the region. Here you can be treated for things such as cuts, strains and bites and children’s minor ailments. Remember that pharmacists can give advice and some medications without an appointment. If you’re unsure of where to go, NHS 111 can point you in the right direction.
Urgent Care Centres
- Wansbeck General Hospital (Ashington): 8.00am-10.00pm
- Hexham General Hospital: 8.00am-10.00pm
- North Tyneside General Hospital: 8.00am-12 midnight
Minor Injuries Units
- Alnwick Infirmary: 7.45am to 8.30pm
- Berwick Infirmary: 24 hours
For advice on and support with children and young people’s health, visit the Healthier Together website. You can find lots of information about NHS and community services on our Find Services webpage.