What is Adult Social Care?

Do you or a loved one need help with social care? Healthwatch England has put together a useful guide about who can access adult social care and how to pay for it.

Social care can be very different from the health care you receive from the NHS. Although it can include medical help, social care offers more practical support to enable people to live independently. These services are usually provided in people’s homes, care homes or elsewhere in the community, rather than at a GP practice or hospital.

If you or someone you live with needs social care, it’s important to understand what types of care and support are available, where to find the correct information, and how services are paid for.

Read What is Adult Social Care?

If you would like to tell us about your experiences of adult social care services get in touch.