As we enter a further period where visiting relatives in care homes is restricted, we want to hear how this is affecting you and your loved ones. What information have
As we enter a further period where visiting relatives in care homes is restricted, we want to hear how this is affecting you and your loved ones. What information have you had about keeping in touch and maintaining communications about care and wellbeing?
We are particularly keen to hear if you managed to be tested and have an ‘in person’ visit during December.
We would like to know your experience of:
- Using video calls (FaceTime, Zoom etc) or telephone calls. Does the home support these? How many times a week and how long? Does a member of staff help your loved one with the call?
- Socially distanced visits. Does the home support ‘window’ visits. How many times a week and how long?
- How does the home keep you informed about how your loved one is getting on (apart from necessary issues about their care or health). Eg manager updates, photographs, videos
- Does the home have a programme of group and 1 to 1 activities? Has your loved one taken part?
- Has the home asked you what, within the current restrictions, would make this time easier?
- What, within the current restrictions, would make it better for you and your love one?
- When restrictions are eventually eased (not totally lifted) what would help you and your loved one?
The forum will take place via Zoom. Read our guide on how to use Zoom.
If you would like to take part please contact Laura Haugh: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 03332 408468.
If you can’t make the forum and would like to tell us your story, or would rather speak to one of our team in confidence please get in touch.
(Wednesday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm