What is Young Carers Action Day?
Young Carers Action Day is an annual event, organised by Carers Trust and this year the theme is ‘Protect Young Carers Futures’. This year the event takes place on 16 March. The Action Day is now in its sixth year, and aims to raise awareness of young carers and the incredible contribution they make to their families and local communities. The awareness day is being promoted on social media from
How can Young Carers access support in Northumberland?
Carers Northumberland is a local charity that support carers across Northumberland. Their Young Carers Service supports young people up to the age of 18. Young Carers can access:
- A Young Carers Worker, who offers 1-1 support, information and advice to Young Carers
- An Active Northumberland pass – Young Carers aged 8-18 can access a free leisure pass
- Young Carers grant – a small grants scheme is available; grants are awarded for young carers to take a break from their caring responsibilities
- Young Carers needs assessment, and impact assessments – these assessments can help plan support for young people
- Access to a specialist 16 plus worker who can help Young Carers, with their education choices, CV’s and accessing employment
- A regular newsletter
- Young Carer ID cards
If you would like to access the service or more information please contact:
Anne-Marie Johnstone, Young Carers Support Worker:
Tel: 01670 320 026
Mob: 07500 886 319
If you would like to tell us your experiences of using NHS or social care services as a carer please get in touch.