Changes are planned at the Felton and Widdrington surgeries and patients have 12 weeks to give their views and ideas on the proposals. If you are a patient of either surgery you should have received a letter and an information sheet explaining the proposals and how you can share your views.
Healthwatch Northumberland is supporting the surgeries by holding two online engagement sessions via Zoom for patients who would like to discuss any concerns or ask a question.
The sessions will take place on Wednesday 9 June at 2.00pm-3.00pm and Thursday 17 June at 6.00pm-7.00pm.
This is an opportunity to give your views on the following:
- The proposal to merge both Felton and Widdrington surgeries
- The practice’s plan for a new surgery in Felton and the permanent relocation to these premises at a later date
- The potential temporary relocation to Widdrington Surgery should the practice need to move out of Felton, before the new build is complete.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend and an invitation will be sent.
If you can’t make these sessions there are other ways you can get in touch:
- Write to the practice manager and mark it ‘Engagement Feedback’ – the address can be found at the top of your letter.
- Contact the practice manager by email at Felton.Surgery@nhs.net or Widdrington.Surgery@nhs.net with the title ‘Engagement Feedback’
- Ask the reception team at either practice for a feedback form. This can be filled out anonymously if you wish. You do not need to give any personal information if you choose not to.
- Contact Healthwatch Northumberland, the statutory independent champion for patients on 03332 408 468 (local call rate) or email email@example.com.
The surgery will write a report based on this feedback in the late summer. The report will form part of the formal application to the Primary Care Commissioning Committee which will meet in August to decide if the proposals can go ahead.