We’re looking for board members to help steer the direction of our work. We need people from all of our communities and with different skills and experiences to join our board.
- Aware of current health and social care issues, particularly for people with mental ill health, learning disabilities or people who aren’t being listened to?
- Good at communicating and listening to people from a wide range of backgrounds and with different experiences?
- Able to use evidence from service users and research to make impartial, practical judgements?
- Experienced in setting goals and able to monitor how Healthwatch Northumberland achieves its goals?
- Experienced in working effectively in a collective decision-making group, board or committee?
- Committed to working in an impartial and independent way to achieve improvements in health and social care services for service users, carers and the public?
Not everyone will have all the knowledge or experiences listed here, so the board operates as a team, blending together what individuals bring.
Board member positions are voluntary and unpaid and reasonable travel expenses are paid. The board meets four times a year.
Would you like to know more? Read our board member information pack.
How do I apply and what happens then?
Please complete the application form using the Person Specification to tell us about you and why you want to join us. We will use this to decide who to offer an interview.
All applications must be received by 9am on 7 February 2024.
Please note that we may close submissions earlier than this date if we receive a large number of applications.
If a written application is not appropriate for you, an interview-only assessment may be carried out. Please contact Derry Nugent at email@example.com
Invitations to interview will be emailed to shortlisted candidates. The interviews will be held during February/March 2024.
This vacancy is now closed.