Healthwatch Northumberland is the independent champion for people who use health and social care services. We are a listening organisation working across Northumberland,to find out what people like about services and what can be improved. We act on what people are saying, sharing their views with those who have the power to make change happen. We also help people find the information they need about services in their area and record this as ‘signposting’.
People who use health and social care services tell us about their experiences throughout the year. This report shares a summary of the feedback collected from January to March 2019. The next report will cover April to June 2019.
This quarter we received feedback and enquiries from:
- Talking to people at local community events (18%)
- Telephone calls, emails and social media (55%)
- Surveys and Feedback forms (21%)
- Through meetings and third parties (6%)
Areas of Focus
We are open to all feedback about health and social care services. Responses to our Annual Survey helped us to identify three specific areas of focus which we are prioritising in 2019:
- General Practitioner Services (GP Services)
- Mental Health Services, including dementia care
- Access to Services
The report aims to increase understanding of:
- Who Healthwatch Northumberland is hearing from
- What people are saying
- The general sentiment of comments
- What people are experiencing
- What is working well?
- Where there are areas for improvement?